Insidebeer.com's Kegerator Conversion Kit for a Single Beer Line
Insidebeer.com's Kegerator Conversion Kit for a Single Beer Line is the perfect solution for homebrewers who want to enjoy draft beer from the comfort of their own homes. The kit includes a primary CO2 regulator by TapRite, a polished stainless steel faucet, a D-type keg coupler in stainless steel, a 5 1/8" shank with 3/16" bore and nipple in stainless steel, a 6" x 5" wall-mount drip tray without drain, 4 feet of 3/16" vinyl tubing, 5 feet of 1/4" braided vinyl tubing, 4 stainless steel gear clamps, a tailpiece with 3/16" hose barb for beer nut, a swivel hex nut, a beer washer, and a red faucet wrench.
This conversion kit is designed to fit most horizontal split refrigerators, making it easy to convert your old refrigerator into a kegerator. The kit includes all the basic components required for building a fine kegerator, and the whole process requires only basic DIY skills.
Building a Kegerator:
Choosing the Refrigerator:
- Check the dimensions and specifications of the refrigerator to ensure it is suitable for the conversion kit.
- Choose a horizontal split refrigerator for the most convenient kegerator conversion.
Installing the Conversion Kit:
- Use a drill with a hole saw to drill a hole in the desired location in the fridge door.
- Insert the shank through the hole and tighten it with a hex nut.
- Attach the faucet and tighten it with a spanner wrench.
- Attach the beer line hex connections to the back of the shank on the top of the keg coupler.
- Attach the airline to the nipple on the coupler and the one on the regulator.
- Tighten the hose clamps with a flathead screwdriver.
- Attach the gas regulator to the CO2 tank (sold separately) and tighten it with a hex wrench.
- Open the CO2 tank and attach the keg coupler.
- Adjust the pressure to 10-12 PSI and turn it on.
This kit includes all the necessary components for building a kegerator. The primary CO2 regulator from TapRite has a 60 PSI capacity, ensuring that your beer is carbonated to perfection. The domestic faucet is made of polished stainless steel, which gives it an attractive appearance and also prevents it from rusting or corroding over time. The D-type keg coupler is made of stainless steel, ensuring its durability and long-lasting performance. The 5 1/8" shank with a 3/16" bore and nipple is also made of stainless steel, making it resistant to rust and corrosion.
The kit also includes a 6" x 5" wall-mount drip tray with no drain, which is essential for catching any spills or drips from the faucet. The 4ft of 3/16" vinyl tubing and 5ft of 1/4" braided vinyl tubing ensure that your beer is delivered smoothly and consistently from the keg to the faucet. The kit also includes 4 of 5/16"-3/8" stainless steel gear clamps, a tailpiece (3/16" hose barb for beer nut), a swivel hex nut, a beer washer, and a red faucet wrench.
Please note that this kit does not include a CO2 tank, but you can easily purchase one separately from Insidebeer.com.
When building a kegerator using this kit, it is important to choose the right type of refrigerator. A horizontal split refrigerator is the most convenient type for kegerator conversion, and you should check the depth and height of the fridge to make sure your keg(s) will fit. Once you have your refrigerator, follow the steps above to install the kit and enjoy your perfectly chilled beer from the comfort of your own home.