Insidebeer.com: Product Review - Jockey Box 5 Lines Tapping Kit, Nitrogen
As a beer enthusiast, I am always looking for ways to elevate my home bar experience. That's why I was excited to try the Jockey Box 5 Lines Tapping Kit, Nitrogen. This kit includes everything you need to set up a professional-quality draft system at home. Here's my detailed product review:
The Jockey Box 5 Lines Tapping Kit, Nitrogen is a complete kit that includes everything you need to set up a draft system at home. The kit includes the following:
|Primary N2 Regulator, 60psi, TapRite||1|
|Air Distributor - Five-Way, Plug-Barb||1|
|Gauge Guard for a TapRite Regulator||1|
|UBC Keg Coupler, D Type, SS Probe||5|
|Stepless Clamps 17.0||25|
|Stepless Clamps 15.7||7|
|Swivel Hex Nut||5|
|Tail Piece, 3/8" Hose Barb for Beer Nut||5|
|Thermoplastic Vinyl Hose, Red PVC Tubing - 24 feet||1|
|Thermoplastic Vinyl Hose, Clear PVC Tubing - 22 feet||1|
Features and Benefits
- The primary N2 regulator allows you to regulate the nitrogen pressure and adjust the carbonation level of your beer.
- The air distributor - five-way, plug-barb allows you to connect up to five kegs to one regulator.
- The UBC keg coupler, D type, SS probe is a commercial-grade coupler that ensures a tight seal and eliminates leaks.
- The stepless clamps are easy to use and provide a secure connection between the hoses and fittings.
- The beer washer and swivel hex nut make it easy to connect the tailpiece to the coupler and prevent leaks.
- The thermoplastic vinyl hoses are durable and resistant to kinking and cracking.
The kit includes a variety of fittings that are easy to use and provide a secure connection between the hoses and fittings. The fittings included in the kit are:
- Stepless clamps 17.0 (25 pcs)
- Stepless clamps 15.7 (7 pcs)
- Beer washer (5 pcs)
- Swivel hex nut (5 pcs)
- Tailpiece, 3/8" hose barb for beer nut (5 pcs)
The Jockey Box 5 Lines Tapping Kit, Nitrogen is perfect for anyone who wants to serve multiple beers on tap at home. The kit is ideal for homebrewers, beer enthusiasts, and anyone who wants to create a professional-quality draft system at home.
Installation and Maintenance
Installing the Jockey Box 5 Lines Tapping Kit, Nitrogen is easy and straightforward. The kit comes with everything you need to get started, and the instructions are clear and easy to follow. Maintenance is also straightforward, and the kit is designed to be easy to clean and maintain.
- Primary N2 Regulator, 60psi, TapRite
- UBC Keg Coupler, D Type, SS Probe
- Thermoplastic Vinyl Hose, Red PVC Tubing - 24 feet
- Thermoplastic Vinyl Hose, Clear PVC Tubing - 22 feet
What is a Jockey Box?
A Jockey Box is a portable draft beer system designed to cool beer as it flows through a stainless steel coil immersed in an ice-water bath.
How does the Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit work?
The Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit uses nitrogen to dispense beer from kegs. The nitrogen is supplied from a primary N2 regulator, and the air distributor divides the gas into five lines, one for each keg. The beer is then drawn through the stainless steel coil inside the Jockey Box and out of the faucet.
How many kegs can I tap at once with the Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit?
You can tap up to five kegs at once with the Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit.
What type of keg couplers are compatible with the Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit?
The Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit comes with UBC Keg Couplers that are compatible with D-Type kegs.
How long are the included hoses?
The Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit comes with two hoses - a 24-foot long red PVC tubing and a 22-foot long clear PVC tubing.
Can I use CO2 instead of nitrogen with the Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit?
No, the Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit is designed to work with nitrogen only.
Can I adjust the pressure of the nitrogen supplied to each keg?
Yes, the primary N2 regulator included in the kit allows you to adjust the pressure up to 60 psi.
Can I use the Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit for outdoor events?
Yes, the Jockey Box 5 lines Tapping Kit is portable and can be used for outdoor events. However, you will need a steady supply of ice to keep the beer cold.